Some Simple Mind Control Tips - Guest Post by Mindvalley
This is another guest post from Mindvalley. In my world of sports psychology I would be inclined to call this mental training, but when it comes down to it, learning to control your own mind is what it is all about. Please enjoy.
Emotional Intelligence in Sports
Mind control is important for reaching our ultimate potential. Here are some simple tips for achieving higher mental levels:
1. Meditation: Meditating daily is good for us in so many ways. It makes us happier, healthy, less stressed, more positive, and better able to concentrate. When it comes to increasing our mind-power, meditation helps us learn to still and discipline the brain, bringing it instantly under our complete control. The idea is meditate often enough that we actually strengthen our grip over our states of mind. Experienced, dedicated mediator’s have no trouble coming in and out of different trance states and mental levels.
2. Hypnosis: Many people don’t know the difference between meditation and hypnosis. In fact, they are very similar. The goals of each are slightly different, but the end result is ultimately the same. In meditation, we work to bring our mental states under control; in hypnosis, the goal is to reach a relaxed-aware state that is highly suggestible. When our minds our open to such suggestion, it becomes much easier for us to go into deeper and deeper levels of awareness. This is just another way to use our own brains for our benefit.
3. Sound: Music and binaural beats are audible techniques which target our minds sympathetic response to outside stimuli. Listening to certain music or sounds which produce a specific frequency, causes the energy output in our minds to match that frequency. This mimicry means we immediately go into a trance or reach a heightened mental level. It is one of the quickest ways to get a fast taste of a heightened state.
4. Special meditations: special meditations include visualizations, relaxations, projections, and lucid dreaming exercises. Anything that produces a specific emotion or vision in the brain. When we see something in our mind, there is little difference in the response created in our brain between “seeing” and actually doing. This means that targeted mental exercises that make us feel positive, upbeat, intelligent or powerful, actually make us all of those things, when repeated often enough.
5. Art and creativity: Art is also a form of meditation. Drawing something we see in front of us uses a large amount of our minds, strengthening our abilities to reason and concentrate. Working with color, planning and detailing requires a huge amount of focus, and, when used correctly, in the right environment, can produce a very beneficial trance state, as well as some much-needed mental and emotional therapy. There are many forms of craft, art, and creativity. Everyone should tap into at least one.
These five tips should be combined for increased mental benefit. Our minds are our only tools for achieving full self-actualization, and, if we don’t use them in an appropriate way, we can quickly throw away opportunities to become more awake, aware, intelligent, compassionate and successful. We literally have the ability to do and be anything we can imagine and dream. The problem, then. Is expanding our imaginations to reach greater and greater heights.
When we are finally able to switch, at will, between the mental states of beta, alpha, theta and delta, we will have overcome our usual mental and emotional limitations. Our minds will be positive, focused and controlled. We can do whatever we want, and we can ask the Universe to provide us with more of the things that makes us happy and healthy, because we will train our minds to focus on the good. Without the mental ability to follow our dreams, how can the Universe make them come true for us?
This is one reason it is so important to use simple mind control techniques every day. Even though our brains have limitless potential, they are usually left to run wild, and run the show. We have to take over, bring them under our own control and force them to be still and powerful as they can be. This means we have to fight the natural tendencies we have to become preoccupied with the mundane, and turn our attention, always, to self-improvement and achieving our goals. This doesn’t mean we don’t have fun; on the contrary, it means we produce happiness and light everywhere we go!
We are always focused on the good, believing in ourselves, and sending love and light out into the world. We do this by paying attention to our thoughts and guarding our minds against negativity and trivial distractions. This is how we become healthy, happy, successful, fully realized, wonderful human beings!
Interested to learn more about mind control? Check out these articles on easy techniques to always think positively and ways to get more positive energy